Areas of Practice
- Aviation Litigation
- Environmental and Toxic Tort Law
- Government Agency Liability
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Products Liability
- California, 1979
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court District of Hawaii
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California, 1979, J.D. cum laude
- UCSB, Santa Barbara, CA, B.A, Major in Environmental Biology
Honors and Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated
- Speaker, Continuing Legal Education Programs
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of California, Member
- Lawyer-Pilot Bar Association, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
Elizabeth Lane Crooke has been a member of Engstrom, Lipscomb & Lack since 1979. She specializes in mass tort with an emphasis on aviation litigation, environmental and toxic tort law, pharmaceutical litigation, government agency liability, and products liability. She has been appointed by the Court as lead and liaison counsel in a mass aviation disaster litigation and in pharmaceutical litigation. She has served as trial counsel on a number of landmark cases, including cases of regional groundwater, soil and air contamination.
Ms. Crooke was admitted to California bar 1979, and is also admitted to the U.S. District Court, Central, Southern and Eastern Districts of California; District of Hawaii; Southern District of Florida; U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit.
Ms. Crooke is a member of Engstrom, Lipscomb & Lack's aviation team, and holds a private pilot certificate and radiotelephone operator permit. She has also studied airframe and power plant maintenance. She has been a frequent speaker at industry seminars and continuing legal education programs and has authored a number of articles; including journal articles in Los Angeles Lawyer, the journal of the Los Angeles County Bar Association, where she has also served for a number of years on its Editorial Board. She earned her undergraduate degree in environmental biology at University of California, Santa Barbara (B.A.) and earned her law degree at Loyola Marymount University (J.D., cum laude 1979). She is a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association, the State Bar of California and the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles.