Areas of Practice
- General Civil Litigation
- Products Liability
- Business Litigation
- Mass Tort Litigation
- Insurance Litigation
- Catastrophic Personal Injury
- New York University School of Law, New York, NY, J.D.
- UC Berkeley, B.A., Major in Social Sciences / Economics
- State Bar of California, Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Member
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, Member
- The John M. Langston Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
Bryan C. Payne is a trial attorney who specializes in products liability, catastrophic personal injury, tobacco litigation (representing clients with regard to lawsuits brought against various tobacco manufacturers, attempting to hold them responsible for wrongful death, injury, or medical expenses related to cigarette smoking and other tobacco use), and business and insurance matters. Mr. Payne has also successfully tried cases in the alternative dispute resolution field. Mr. Payne began his legal career with a defense-oriented international law firm, but now exclusively represents plaintiffs.
Prior to joining Engstrom, Lipscomb & Lack in 2007, Mr. Payne was an associate for two years in the Los Angeles office of Girardi & Keese representing clients in the areas of personal injury and products liability cases; he also worked for two years at the law offices of Cooley LLP (formerly Cooley, Goodward, Kronish LLP), a defense firm specializing in Intellectual Property Litigation. Mr. Payne also worked for William Morris Endeavor, one of the world’s largest talent agencies, developing strategic investments for the agency.
Mr. Payne is a graduate of New York University Law School and obtained his undergraduate degree at the University of California at Berkeley.
He continues to be an active member of the Consumer Attorneys of California, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, Association of Business Trial Lawyers, and The John M. Langston Bar Association. He is also a member of the State Bar of California, Los Angeles County Bar Association and the American Bar Association.