Areas of Practice
- General Civil Litigation
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Complex Business Litigation
- Medical and Legal Malpractice
- Employment Litigation
- Wrongful Termination
- Products Liability
- Governmental Tort Actions
- Tribal Litigation
- Toxic Torts
- Personal Injury Litigation
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1993
- California, 1992
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1992
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, CA, 1992, J.D.
- University of Colorado, 1988, B.A., Major in Economics
- Eastern Shawnee Tribe of Oklahoma v. U.S., 582 F.3d 1306 (C.A. Fed., 2009)
- Keynote Speaker, Tribal Litigation
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims Judicial Conference, 2008
- Speaker/Panelist, Electronic Discovery
- 47th Annual Convention of Consumer Attorneys of California, 2008
- Speaker, Can the Daubert and/or Kelly/Frye Standard be Satisfied in MTBE Litigation?", Mealey's MTBE Litigation Conference, 2001-Present
- State Bar of California, Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Member
- Century City Bar Association, Member
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, Member
Brian J. Leinbach is a senior trial counsel for the firm. For 25 years, Brian has represented thousands of clients in a wide range of legal matters including complex business disputes, catastrophic personal injury, products liability, legal and medical malpractice, insurance bad faith, governmental tort actions and financial elder abuse. In addition to California, Mr. Leinbach has litigated matters in jurisdictions all over the country and world, having handled State and Federal cases in 23 states including Washington DC., Hawaii, Equator, Nicaragua, and Mexico.
Mr. Leinbach is also an accomplished appellate lawyer who has argued cases before State and Federal Courts of Appeal. Mr. Leinbach has also litigated matters in the United States Court of Federal Claims and is a member of the United States Supreme Court Bar. He has several published opinions to his credit and has argued before the highest Court in the land.
Mr. Leinbach is a frequent speaker and presenter in the legal community concerning litigation matters. Over the years, he has appeared before many professional associations and addressed a wide range of topics relating to civil litigation including, expert witnesses, Daubert challenges, trial strategy and practice, e-discovery and conflicts. Mr. Leinbach is a presenter at the Los Angeles County Superior Court Boot Camp which provides young attorneys with concrete advice concerning all aspects of civil trial and motion practice.
Brian was born and raised in Santa Monica, California. He attended the University of Colorado where he received a B.A. in Economics and Business Finance. After college, Brian returned to Los Angeles and attended Pepperdine University Law School where he received his J.D. in 1992. Professionally, Brian has a broad pro bono practice and is an alumni mentor to students attending Pepperdine University and the Law School where he regularly speaks to students interested in pursuing legal careers.